Engineering Manager, Advertising Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The team is seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead attribution, insights & reporting and initiatives around measuring ROAS. The teams are directly responsible for full stack distribution systems software development that’s used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space. This role will create new capabilities within our organization to architect and deliver core services that enable and integrate our hyper growth Advertising Platform to the rest of the Apple ecosystem.
- 8-10 years of relevant management or leadership experience building scalable services and data driven products at Apple consumer scale.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience. Hands-on experience building web applications using distributed systems architecture.
- Experience building data products and insight driven recommendation systems highly preferred.
- Strong track record of creating and mentoring the best software development cultures
- A good understanding of scalable distributed systems running on private and public clouds.
- Strong technical background to challenge and enable the best software development teams
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects, and the ability, to deliver x-functional projects without direct accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated ability, to effectively interact with both business and engineering.
- Extraordinary leadership skills, proven experience building and leading teams which include: architecting, develop and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Results oriented and deadline driven, with a desire to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Advertising industry experience is a huge plus.
- Real passion for enabling development teams to innovate and enable the best working environment of their careers.
In this role you will: -Drive the strategy, development, execution of the advertising platform services focussed on customer ROAS. This includes initiatives around recommendations systems, Attribution, Reporting & Insights. - Participate, challenge, and improve, as a key member of the engineering leadership team. - Build and lead a team of exceptional engineers that are adept at building massive distributed products that deliver for customers at scale with resiliency, and quality. - Strategize, define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations. - Collaborate with the product and business solutions team to engage with developers and ad partners to enable API based integrations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required, Master's degree preferred.