Caffè Macs Catering Services Assistant
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. The Catering Services Assistant is highly motivated to be responsible for set up, service, break down, and clean-up of all catering events. Ensuring food is prepared, delivered, and served on time with a positive attitude - just what we need at all events.
- Flexible schedule and available to work events on weekday evening.
- Good Personal hygiene and well-groomed appearance as per catering dress code.
- Some knowledge of foodservice and catering is great, but most important is a love for service and food.
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- How extraordinary are your communication and social skills? Do you possess strong verbal and written communication skills? An outgoing and exceptional personality is going to really help you connect and be clear with your guest.
- Valid driver’s license and 25 years of age or older to drive Apple's vehicles
Do you exhibit a high level of customer service and attention to detail? We need phenomenal people like you to communicate order updates to your manager, catering admin and Chef team, pack and transport goods according order requests between kitchens, storage facilities, and event venues. We also need a person who works with a sense of urgency and understand the importance of meeting deadlines which involves coordinating staffing needs with the Catering manager. Positive communication with coworkers, managers, and customers in an articulate and approachable manner is rare. Is this you? Be able to read and understand BEO’s, packing lists, event details, driving directions, and all other details required in the preparation, set-up, and execution of various events. We rely on you to maintain the highest standards of conduct, confidentiality and integrity for your guests. Comply with standards for merchandising, stocking, and storing product to keep everything looking appealing, yet organized. We want you to have a real passion for food assembly and creative presentation. Assist with cleaning, stocking and lifting items in all areas as requested. We follow all health, safety, and sanitation guidelines and need you to as well. Monitor and maintain catering storage areas and vehicles. May perform additional responsibilities as requested by a Manager
Education & Experience
ServSafe Certified: Basic level knowledge of health and safety rules 1-4 Years Experience Typical for Level 2 and 3-6 for Level 3 in a catering high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party but may also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain. Inclusive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce. Extraordinarily Service Oriented - a demonstrable high level of customer service is absolutely mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill. Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- Things happen fast here. Bring your ability to multi-task in a high-volume experience and your love for working in a fast pace environment.
- Environmental exposure to cold, heat and water
- Able to understand sanitation directions
- Walking/Standing: On your feet for extended amounts of time
- Carrying/Lifting: Frequently moves catering supplies up to 50 pounds