Instructional Designer, AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you can accomplish at Apple. We design products and services loved by people around the world, and we revolutionize entire industries. Behind every ambitious idea is a team of Apple employees, committed to the hard work it takes to make a dream become a reality. Developing opportunities for our employees to come together—to learn, to share, and to encourage one another—is essential to our work. It builds a sense of wonder and possibility that leads to the kind of innovation only Apple can deliver. We share a passion for building learning that challenges people and drives them to do their best work! We love helping others find new ways to learn and grow. We get excited by the challenge of customizing for different learners, different roles, and different geos. Are you motivated by helping people learn and develop? Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment? Do you want to work in one of the fastest growing markets in tech? Do you enjoy using technology to make learning more dynamic and engaging? Join the AI/ML University team and design learning programs as unique as you’d expect from Apple!
- 5+ years of experience designing online, classroom, and blended training using adult learning methodologies
- Degree in an applicable area such as Education, Instructional Design, or Educational Technology, with a strong emphasis on learner-centered instruction
- Experience authoring content for/within a Content Management System and administering a Learning Management System; familiarity with Saba a plus
- Ability to interpret learning needs and effectively negotiate a plan and delivery schedule
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with experience delivering multiple projects of varying lengths, while meeting quality standards and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to filter and distill relevant information to the right audience
- You'll design and build content for a variety of learning platforms and delivery types—including web-based, classroom, and virtual classroom—that meet Apple's high standards of quality and innovation. - You’ll use technology to achieve learning objectives through video, simulations, games, and interactive media. - You’ll drive the entire training development lifecycle, using principles of adult learning and industry design standards such as the ADDIE model. - You’ll decide on the best methodologies to align objectives with content and activities, so you can build learning programs that promote application, retention, and sustained behavior change. - You’ll apply principles of graphic design to communicate visually through text, graphics and rich media. - You’ll develop project plans and timelines that set achievable goals and deliver high-quality results - You’ll become an authority on people, processes, and strategies in order to deliver results that reflect the high quality and elegant style of the Apple brand. - You’ll build learning content for multicultural and global audiences. - You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity and accountability are tradition.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.