Instructional Designer, AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you can accomplish at Apple. We design products and services loved by people around the world, and we revolutionize entire industries. Behind every ambitious idea is a team of Apple employees, committed to the hard work it takes to make a dream become a reality. Developing opportunities for our employees to come together—to learn, to share, and to encourage one another—is essential to our work. It builds a sense of wonder and possibility that leads to the kind of innovation only Apple can deliver. We share a passion for building learning that challenges people and drives them to do their best work! We love helping others find new ways to learn and grow. We get excited by the challenge of customizing for different learners, different roles, and different geos. Are you motivated by helping people learn and develop? Do you thrive in a dynamic work environment? Do you want to work in one of the fastest growing markets in tech? Do you enjoy using technology to make learning more dynamic and engaging? Join the AI/ML University team and design learning programs as unique as you’d expect from Apple!
- 3+ years of experience designing online, classroom, and blended training using adult learning methodologies
- Expertise in using web-authoring tools and course design software, such as HTML, CSS, Captivate, or Dreamweaver
- Ability to interpret learning needs and effectively negotiate a development plan and delivery schedule
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with experience delivering multiple projects of varying lengths, while meeting quality standards and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to filter and distill relevant information to the right audience
- Prior experience delivering training to a global audience with an ability to build rapport across a wide range of cultures and personalities
* You'll design and build courses for a variety of learning platforms and delivery types—including web-based, classroom, and virtual classroom—that meet Apple's high standards of quality and innovation * You’ll drive the entire training development lifecycle, using principles of adult learning and industry design standards such as the ADDIE model * You'll create learning assets, storyboards, training videos, and interactive media. * You’ll decide on the best methodologies to build learning programs that promote application, retention, and sustained behavior change for multicultural and global audiences * You’ll develop project plans and timelines that set achievable goals and deliver high-quality results * You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity and accountability are tradition * You’ll manage instructor readiness by developing train-the-trainer strategy, leading pilot course delivery, and coaching facilitators.
Education & Experience
Degree with an emphasis on learner-centered instruction and education technology