Litigation Operations Manager (eDRM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Litigation team is looking for a Litigation Operations Manager to develop and manage a litigation support shared services team that collectively and collaboratively supports patent and commercial litigation projects, eDiscovery, investigations, and litigation knowledge management tasks. You will have the ability to bring multiple cross functional teams together to solve litigation support problems, and a consistent track record managing third party vendors in complex, high volume, global litigation matters.
- Familiarity with all phases of the eDiscovery Reference Model (eDRM) required, including its application to hardware and software specific to MacOS and iOS systems and devices.
- Minimum of ten years working in a litigation environment, managing complex projects with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and meet demanding deadlines.
- Minimum three years supervising support staff or others.
- Ability to handle complex and sensitive discussions and processes with diplomacy.
- Aptitude for developing talent and supporting a positive and diverse team culture.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated skill in facilitating meetings and delivering clear presentations.
Partner with Apple’s Litigation Leadership team to support case level project and task management from matter inception through disposition and archive. Implement and oversee litigation support/eDiscovery policies, procedures, and protocols, and find opportunities to promote efficiencies and improved practices. Develop litigation support /eDiscovery training strategies for internal and external case teams. Lead biweekly team meetings to ensure the highest priority matters and essential tasks are understood and being addressed across the litigation support team. Work closely with a staff of next tier Litigation Support managers to ensure appropriate assignments and workload balancing are being administered across the team. Work closely with the LGS Legal Operations team to integrate and centralize systems, support litigation process improvements, and generate realtime reports that support case management and track key performance indicators (KPIs). Expand and advance relationships with multiple cross functional teams that litigation frequently needs to work with when responding to discovery or developing litigation support tools and services. Spearhead the hiring, training and professional development of Litigation Support team members.
Education & Experience