EH&S SPG Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team. EHS is committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products. This position will be the safety lead for multiple SPG sites with chemical, physical and hazardous equipment operations.
- Understanding of high hazard safety operations and equipment;
- Expertise in chemical evaluation, safety and management practices;
- Strong background in Safety and Environmental program development, implementation, maintenance and auditing;
- Knowledge of Gas Life Safety Systems
- Experience in assessing environmental compliance, permitting and regulatory requirements;
- Ability to provide EHS input to Architects and Project Managers during design reviews;
- Aptitude in hazardous equipment assessment, certification requirements, installation and permitting;
- Strong track record of successful Project Management;
- Collaborative approach to working with multiple lab teams to meet operational objectives, strategy, and goals;
- Ability to manage the process for reporting, investigating and correcting accidents, hazards and near miss reports;
- Ability to respond to emergency events and willingness to take on-call coverage;
- Experience with implementation of EHS technology systems (databases) is helpful;
- Involvement with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional for the positioning the SPG EHS Engineer. This position supports Environmental, Health and Safety for key projects in Santa Clara Valley. The ideal candidate will have a deep working knowledge of local construction and equipment installation requirements, environmental permitting and controls, risk management, chemical safety and project management practices.
Education & Experience
Minimum 10-15 years of professional EHS with a concentration in high technology EHS. Bachelors or Masters in a science or EHS based degree is required. CSP, CIH or PE certification is helpful.
- Experience with Process Hazard Analysis
- Highly self motivated and self managed
- Ability to adapt and learn new processes and programs
- Ability to influence others
- Effective decision making
- Ability to work independently without direct management supervision
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Highly ethical
- == Apple Values ==
- Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results.
- Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- Deliver more than the customer expects.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Drive for results
- We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.