Silicon Validation Software Engineer: IP Integration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. The Silicon Validation team is responsible for validating functional behavior and exercising interactions between different IP blocks in the SoC. Join a team of expert embedded software engineers with diverse backgrounds to do system level validation of Apple's next generation SoCs.
- Strong software skills in C/C++
- Familiarity with programming in assembly language
- Passionate about writing code close to the hardware, and debugging
- Experienced with computer architecture, memory hierarchies, CPUs, and caching
- Skilled with operating systems and kernel programming
- Experienced with graphics, video codecs, video capture, display mechanisms, and storage technologies
- You enjoy the validation mindset: detail-oriented, curious, and persistent
- Experience with scripting (Python, Tcl, Perl) is a plus
- You will leave no stone left unturned for a comprehensive "system-level" validation of Apple SoCs. - You will dive deep into the SoC architecture and become familiar with Apple’s SoC validation drivers/libraries. - You will come up with creative ways to test the SoC for all kind of stress and corner-case scenarios.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required