Silicon Validation Software Engineer: GPU IP Validation and Integration
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. The Silicon Validation team is responsible for validating functional behavior and exercising interactions between different IP blocks in the SoC. Join a team of expert software engineers with diverse backgrounds (graphics, video encoding, video processing, file systems, CPUs and caching, kernel programming, embedded systems) to develop graphics validation software and integrate it into system level test environment.
- Experienced with Graphics, OpenGL, OpenCL, and CUDA
- Experienced with image processing, memory hierarchies, and compilers
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Proficient in Python and GNU Make
- Deep understanding of computer systems, operating systems, and computer architecture
- Passionate about writing code close to the hardware, and debugging
- In-depth knowledge and experience in SoC system level validation and debugging of SoC software and hardware issues.
- You enjoy the validation mindset: detail-oriented, curious, and persistent
- Understanding of the Display pipeline is a plus
- You will be responsible for writing shaders that stress the GPU and cause high bandwidth traffic to and from the memory subsystem. - You will utilize your deep understanding of GPU architecture to write tests that stress the pipeline and exercise the interaction between the GPU and different IP blocks on the SoC. - You will use the necessary driver and firmware APIs to compile shaders and prime operations to move data around in the SoC using the GPU threads/SIMD groups. - You will understand the different levels of GPU memory hierarchy (Shared, Global, etc.) - You will debug SoC software and hardware issues, and perform system level validation.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / Ph.D in EE or CS is required
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.