Machine Learning Engineer
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Research in Natural Language and Machine Learning has already made a deep impact in Apple’s front-line products, such as Siri. Research Scientists at Siri are taking this a step further by redefining artificial intelligence, and building groundbreaking technology for natural language processing, machine learning, and large scale systems. Come join the Siri’s Natural Language team, and work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Come join our team in Pittsburgh, PA!
- Expertise and experience in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Java, C++, Python or equivalent
- Hardworking, self-starter, proven ability to manage numerous projects to strict deadlines.
- You utilize excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You have the ability to interact with all levels of engineers
- Contributions to research communities, e.g. ACL, NIPS, ICML, CVPR, etc.
The goal of Siri’s Natural Language team is to take Apple’s voice assistant to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced statistical techniques. From improving core modeling algorithms to creating experiments and implementing prototypes rapidly, Siri NLP Research Scientists work on newer challenges every day. We work hand-in-hand with other engineers in the team to build and invent a phenomenal product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation, and is a rare opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software engineering. Ultimately, your work would have a huge impact on hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
Education & Experience
Master's or PhD in Computer Science or a data-driven physical science, or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.