Business Affairs, Asset Owner
Culver City, California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. The role of a Business Affairs Asset Owner in Marcom is to drive the planning, curation, and licensing of rights-managed content in Apple marketing. In this role, you will be working across functions, to maintain excellent internal and external relationships, and secure relevant content for deeper customer resonance and engagement.
- You have at least seven years of experience on a business affairs or marketing team at a creative agency or in an entertainment or content-driving industry.
- You have experience negotiating rights, analyzing risk, and developing process regarding business affairs contracts and licenses.
- You care about current cultural trends as they relate to rights-management content.
- You have expertise in building real, positive relationships with creative people who span many fields, including advertising, video, interactive, print, and retail.
- You have the ability to exercise sound strategic, legal, and business judgment in challenging situations.
- You have demonstrated skills in the following core areas: concise and clear written and verbal communication, attention to detail, analysis, and innovative problem solving.
- You are a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and lead multiple projects.
- You have deep knowledge and understanding of Apple products and services.
- You are curious, ask questions, and dig deep to find solutions.
- You dream of working in a collaborative, creative, and challenging environment.
- You thrive in new environments and react quickly to new information, opinion, and direction, strategically pivoting when necessary.
Curate rights-managed third-party assets for a given area of expertise that are culturally relevant, criti- cally well-received, and visually consistent with Apple creative standards. These assets can include books, movies, TV shows, music, and so on. Work with third-party entities to secure consent and clear rights when featuring their assets. Facilitate communication internally, ensuring effective information flow regarding all aspects of your work. Assess, manage, and communicate risks, and advise team leads concerning risk, exposure, and strategic options. Provide leadership to the team through problem solving and pragmatic legal judgment.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Juris Doctor degree is desirable.