Siri - Engineering Program Manager, Siri Geo Search
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a leading part in revolutionizing how people use their computers and mobile devices. The Siri Search team is creating groundbreaking technology for knowledge graphing and algorithmic search using machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. We’re looking for someone to lead product and project management efforts for maps search in Siri, Spotlight, and Safari. You would work with top tier engineering and product teams to serve over 1 billion customers, creating the highest quality user experience that Apple customers expect and love. As an EPM for Siri Geo, you would drive search relevance, machine learning, and user experience improvement projects to build and improve end-to-end maps based search features on all major Apple platforms including iOS, CarPlay, macOS, and HomePod.
- 5+ years experience as an EPM, Engineering Manager, or similar role leading cross-functional product or software engineering teams.
- 2+ years experience bringing a product from concept to completion, ideally related to joining together the complex backend and front-end systems with the user experience in mind
- Experience driving large cross-functional projects with multiple workstreams
- Self-motivated and Proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Self-sufficient in analyzing and drawing conclusions about the quality and product opportunity from raw and refined product data
- Ability to, directly and indirectly, lead large teams for success
- Experience shipping machine-learned products
- Lead roadmap planning and detail execution of maps search in Siri, Spotlight, and Safari - Drive and ship large, cross-functional projects and features from inception to delivery - Define, plan, deliver, and own features end-to-end - Lead cross-functional teams from the product ideation/creation to full-stack delivery to our customers - Analyze product metrics to measure performance and plan the evolution of search and knowledge for immediate impact and longer-term (5+ years) - Keep teams focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines; clearly, communicate project progress to leads and executive team. - Be the voice for our customers; do whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality experience to our customers - Collaborate with engineering, product, and executive leadership to drive exceptional year over year product deliver across large product areas at Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE/CS/CE or equivalent
- - 5+ years of PM or engineering experience in search, data extraction, or knowledge related field
- - Past programming experience within a workplace or academic environment