Speech Scientist / Engineer (Interspeech 2019)
Cupertino, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Combining groundbreaking machine learning techniques with next-generation hardware, our teams take user experiences to the next level. We are looking for speech scientists, engineers, and machine learning/data scientists to join our teams in Cupertino, Seattle, Pittsburgh, Cambridge (UK), Cheltenham (UK), and Beijing.
- Strong machine learning background in speech and/or language/text/dialogue processing field
- In-depth hands-on experience in deep learning
- Strong software engineering abilities, ideally C++, Java, and/or Python
- Passion for building research demo prototypes and turning them into production quality design/implementation
- Experience with deep learning toolkits, e.g. Tensorflow, PyTorch
- Experience with speaker recognition and related technologies
- Curious about new technologies and passionate about exploring new use cases
At Apple, you will design, develop, and deploy large scale services and platforms. We're looking for exceptionally skilled and creative scientists and engineers eager to get involved in hands-on work to improve our speech technologies by applying machine learning. You will also collaborate with teams across Apple, who are building the newest, most compelling intelligent applications in the world. This is a unique opportunity to apply machine learning and deep learning techniques at the intersection of various areas such as speech recognition, natural language processing, multi-modal, TTS dialogue management, acoustic modeling, language modeling and tools development. You should be creative, enthusiastic, and ready to communicate and collaborate with multiple teams.
Education & Experience
PhD, MS, or BS in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related fields.