Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This role will include writing software user manuals, process documentation, and managing content for a Learning and Development team. The ideal candidate will possess a naturally inquisitive spirit and proactively investigate project updates within a fast-paced environment. Within the Learning and Development team, the Technical Writer will use their copyediting skills and proficiency with content management systems to properly review and maintain documentation. A qualifying candidate will be able to thrive within a complex, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, and possess the right interpersonal skills to build relationships with different project team members.
- Experience creating technical content around internal tools usage and operational procedures.
- Experience working and building relationships with SMEs (subject matter experts) from cross-functional teams.
- Experience developing feedback loops for curriculums within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience documenting and building out content in online databases, including Confluence.
- Familiarity with common content management versioning practices for technical content.
- Meticulous copyediting skills. Experience copyediting for publications is a plus.
- Experience providing and receiving constructive feedback within a creative setting (such as in a writer’s workshop) is a plus.
- Understanding of Learning Management Systems and the ADDIE model of training development.
- Some familiarity with HTML and CSS.
Key Skills -Ability to write. Capable of producing clear, concise, and instructive prose. -Ability to proactively investigate and piece together information to create coherent, clear and complex documentation. -Ability to investigate and create documentation on internal tool usage and operational policies. -Ability to effectively write for different audiences with varying degrees of technical knowledge. -Able to keep a pulse on project updates to identify new training needs. -Content management skills - able to quickly identify which previous documentation/training materials need to be updated based on new project developments -Understanding the importance of writing in different voices for different audiences, and being able to filter content based on each audience’s needs. -Ability to identify where existing documentation will need to be updated based on new project developments. -Experience writing gap analysis/developing evaluation reports.
Education & Experience
Completed Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or Creative Writing.