Platform System Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of electrical systems
- Strong system debugging skills
- Ability to solve hardware systems to component level and perform root-cause analysis
- Support multi-functional engineering efforts
- Hands on experience with scripting (UNIX, Perl or Python)
- Ability to operate lab equipments including oscilloscopes, analyzers
- Detail & process oriented with good documentation skills
- Good communication, organized skills and desire to learn new challenges
As a System Engineer on our ASIC Design team, you will be responsible for remote lab platform racking, network, re-image, sanity test, database entry and release to test engineers to capture data collection. This Systems Engineer will be accountable for screening SOCs as Pass/Fail, per the engineers request. Maintain all thermal systems in working order. Working with SW/HW engineers to improve automation infrastructure.
Education & Experience
You have a BS with 2+ years experience or AS with 5+ years experience in lab environment