Senior Program Manager, Internet Services for China
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services. We are looking for a great Senior Program Manager to help drive the growth and investment in infrastructure to support our Internet Services in China. You take ownership; you feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you manage conflict; you need to know how things work; you work for the success of the entire ecosystem; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners; and you deliver. Proficiency in Mandarin or experience working in China is required.
- Experience negotiating and building relationships with internal and external partners. Must be able to communicate effectively with and win cooperation from personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Naturally accountable and responsible. Must be able to hit demanding deadlines without requiring constant follow-up.
- Strong facilitation skills. Must be willing to consult with stakeholders to ensure adequate input and feedback, closing the divide among stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills. Experience in documenting operational guidelines is preferred.
- Must be able to re-order project priorities on short-notice and adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Drive process improvements through tools and other efficiencies.
- Exhibit strong technology, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Must be able to get things done with informal authority.
- Must be able to improvise creative solutions to ambiguous and difficult challenges.
- Experience navigating various government requirements, especially in China, is strongly desired.
We're looking for someone with proven track record owning and delivering complex projects under demanding timelines. Our investment in Internet Services in China is growing substantially and presents many unique challenges. You understand how our projects intersect with business, product, finance, government affairs and legal, and build awareness and capabilities in those areas. You build strong relationships across Apple, and with our partners in China. You are comfortable with ambiguity. You have a good common sense and make good business decisions. You will lead a cross functional team to drive process or system improvements. You able to operate without a playbook and operationalize a new process from scratch. While this is not a pure technical role, you are comfortable engaging with the engineering team and have the ability to understand technical issues and effective
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent required.