Test Automation Engineer- Camera
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are looking for an experienced and versatile Test Automation Engineer to ensure that we deliver the best in-class camera solution in all Apple products. You will be focused on developing automation frameworks and tools for testing the firmware/driver for core hardware components such as the image processing pipeline and the machine learning neural engine. You must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment and possess a strong aptitude for learning new technologies. You should have a history of working on successful, large-volume consumer products.
- 3+ years professional experience in test automation and tool development, preferably for embedded systems
- Proficient in Python and shell scripting
- Thorough understanding of CI process and tools (Jenkins, GIT, branching/merging, build systems)
- Experience with software development life cycle, testing methodologies and processes
- Experience with creating system and feature level test plans and test cases.
- Familiarity with Objective-C/Swift and XCode IDE is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BONUS: Familiarity with camera technologies, image signal processing (ISP) pipeline, 3A , video formats and color spaces. An interest in digital photography is a plus
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining automation frameworks, and developing new automation test cases (related to functionality, performance, power, stability, and image quality) used in the testing of our camera ISP solution. You will use continuous integration environments/tools and CI best practices to enhance test coverage. You will partner with development teams and cross-functional QA teams on test strategies, process improvements, investigation and prototyping of new technologies. You will positively influence the team on testability and bug prevention strategies and provide technical mentorship.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)