Software Engineering Full-time - Grace Hopper
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Our software engineers are the brains behind some of the industry’s biggest breakthroughs. OS X, Siri, Apple Maps, FaceID and iCloud — not to mention the system-level software for iPhone and Apple TV — all started here. These teams are on the front line of our constant charge toward innovation. We are looking for highly motivated engineers with backgrounds in AI/ML, Back-End Engineering, Core OS, and Web Development to join our team. Please submit your resume and we hope to see you at Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando this year. Make sure to stop by our booth and say hello.
- Qualifications vary by team and discipline and may include:
- Strong object-oriented design skills, coupled with a deep knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following developer skills: Java, C/C++, PHP, Python, Ruby, Unix, MySQL, Clojure, Scala, Java Script, CSS, HTML5
- Experience in advanced Big Data methodologies such as Data Modeling, Validation, Processing, Hadoop, MapReduce, Mongo, Pig
- Experience with web frameworks such as AngularJS, NodeJS, SproutCore
- Demonstrable experience in application development in Objective-C for OS X or iOS a plus
- Client-Server protocol & API design Skills
- Able to craft multi-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
- A fundamental knowledge of embedded processors, with in-depth knowledge of real time operating system concepts.
- Excellent debugging and critical thinking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and social skills
Our software engineering world spans many disciplines with teams working on our latest and greatest technologies. Some of those include: Apps & Frameworks - creating every Apple application and frameworks such as UIKit and Metal, touching Application Development, API Design, User Interface Design, Networking, Application Protocols, Framework Development, and Performance Engineering. Cloud and Infrastructure - You’ll be part of the invisible but indispensable thinking behind the next generation of iOS and macOS applications and services, such as Siri, iCloud, Maps, the iTunes Store, and Apple Music. The work is complex, the scale is enormous, and it’s incredibly rewarding because it’s such an essential part of people’s Apple experience. Areas of work include Big Data, Server-Side Software Engineering, Database, and Data Engineering. Core Operating Systems - The operating system is what makes an Apple product an Apple product. Areas include Kernel, Networking, File Systems, Sensors, and Transports. Engineering Project Management - the hub of cross-functional partnering on things like Technical Project Management, Evangelism, Metrics, Analytics, and Program Management. Machine Learning and AI - You’ll help develop algorithms that learn from data to create the most insightful options for the best outcomes. Come shape what these predictive technologies will do as part of Maps, Siri, News, and many other applications, including those yet to come. Areas of work include Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision, Data Science, and Deep Learning. Security and Privacy - working to safeguard our customers’ data, as well as our own, working in areas such as Differential Privacy Engineering, Privacy Standards Engineering, Senior Security Architecture, Security Services Engineering, and Global Security Project Management. Software Quality, Automation & Tools - ensuring our operating systems, apps, and services, including Maps, the iTunes Store, and iWork, run as smoothly as each was designed to. Areas of work include Quality Assurance Engineering, Integration Engineering, Software Developer in Test Engineering, Applications Engineering, Software Compatibility Engineering, Automation Engineering, and Tools Development. Wireless Software Engineering - pushing the potential of Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS capabilities. Working in areas such as Cellular Engineering, Systems Engineering, Carrier Engineering, Telephony Engineering, Location Engineering, Bluetooth Engineering, and Wi-Fi Engineering. Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Design, or related fields.