Applied Machine Learning Researcher
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We’re looking for passionate machine learning researcher to join the team of highly accomplished and deeply technical machine learning engineers. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms while collaborating with the most innovative product development teams at Apple. You will have the opportunity to touch the life of millions of people through amazing products. Our team researches new machine learning algorithm and techniques and has a track record of shipping some of the most impactful CVML products ever shipped by Apple. We want new ambitious team members to join our research ML group. In this role, we create new models and algorithms, and actively engage with the academic community. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to impactful projects at Apple, and use your machine learning and computer vision skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of products that will delight millions of people.
- Strong academic and publication record
- Solid programming skills with Python (C/C++ is a plus)
- Deep understand of deep learning algorithms and workflows, in particular working with large scale visual data
- Background in algorithms development for mining patterns from large scale visual data
- Conceive proof of concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Understand key metrics that impact machine learning algorithms
- Agile integration of deep learning, data collection and failure analysis
- Designing and evaluating experiments monitoring key performance measures
- Visualization and deeper understanding of deep learning networks
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
The Video engineering team pursues research & development in the areas of machine learning (ML) with particular focus on deep learning (DL), computer vision (CV) and data analysis. As a member of the team, you will work on some of the most challenging technical problems powering current and future Apple products. You will be working and collaborating with the best product teams to integrate your ideas into products that are used by millions of people.
Education & Experience
Ph.D in computer science, machine learning, deep learning or computer vision; or MS with industry experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.