Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) Search Team is looking for extraordinary Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers to help test next-generation search features. AMP platforms are the largest online marketplace for digital media in the world. Responsibilities include: performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing of Search features and RESTful APIs. Day to day work involves maintaining and expanding a suite of automated Search API tests, bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment.
- You have extraordinary analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis.
- You are dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis
- You have excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to get along with various teams across multiple geos
- You have a strong dedication to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle
- You are an independent thinker, leader, and problem solver
- Initiate and drive constant improvement of the testing frameworks
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, DevOps and Product owners to verify the testability of releases and define strategies and standard methodologies for all streams (functional / non-functional and automation).
Demonstrable knowledge of object-oriented programming in Python Proven experience testing Client-Server products Familiarity with UI and API automation frameworks and tools Strong understanding of distributed systems Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of complex system architectures to design effective test strategies and drive execution Experience testing RESTful API’s, RPC service patterns, web sockets, and other client/server interaction models Bachelors degree or 3 years relevant experience testing software using automation Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Basic understanding of Lucene/Solr
- Experience automating in a CI/CD environment
- Background testing Search functionalities a plus
- Experience with OO, Java and MVC software/web/API dev experience
- Working knowledge of HDFS and other Big Data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Voldemort, etc)