SWE Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The SWE Data Analysis team analyzes and produces insights from diagnostic and usage data from iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Macintosh systems. Our data is used to improve Apple products and services, to inform the strategic direction of our products, and to enhance the user experience. We use the latest Big Data technologies to tackle complex, large-scale problems using immense quantities of collected data. If you are a passionate and results oriented, hands-on Data Scientist with deep statistical understanding and data handling skills we’d like to talk to you. We are looking for a passionate and results-oriented senior big data engineer to join our team and work on some of the highly visible data projects in software engineering organization. You will be collaborating with data analysts, device engineers and engineering teams. You will drive the development of data pipelines and services with high degree of ownership.
- Advanced statistics and modeling knowledge.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Substantial data analysis experience working with large-scale data.
- Strong scripting language skills, such as Python.
- You possess the ability to learn new technologies and to quickly grasp complex problems.
- Experience using relational databases, especially columnar data stores such as Vertica.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
You will work across groups in software engineering, hardware and marketing to understand data analysis needs. Using your deep knowledge of data extraction and manipulation tools you will produce reports and visualizations of critical hardware and software phenomena. With the knowledge accumulated you will build models and validate hypotheses on the uses of our software and devices.
Education & Experience
Masters degree or better in Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant technical field or equivalent experience.
- Desired skills: Experience working with Hadoop Streaming or PySpark Experience with R, MATLAB or other statistics packages Experience with visualization and analysis packages such as Tableau, Jupyter Notebooks, etc.