Senior WiFi Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing & Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the absolute best user-experience. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you. The iOS WiFi and Co-ex team under Sensing & Connectivity works on the next generation of WiFi technologies on iOS, taking into consideration the coexistence of multiple, co-located radio technologies. In this position, you will be a key player to drive innovation and quality for better connectivity, higher performance, and smoother user experience with cutting-edge wireless technologies on iOS products. You will enjoy the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams, both inside and outside of Apple, to design, develop, and drive end-to-end feature development and verification. You'll be part of a high-energy team that has delivered amazing WiFi technologies with state-of-the-art feature set, performance and power saving. Our team is seeking a motivated, highly technical and comprehensive individual to help us build the best WiFi experience for our customers.
- Fundamentals of SW Development
- C/C++ programming language
- Experience and deep understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Own, drive, and execute full SW development cycle, including design, implementation, unit-testing & integration
- Ability to tackle SW implementation algorithmic problems
- Embedded Systems Architectures (e.g., Processors & Co-processors, Bus, PCIe, DMA, GPIOs)
- Decent understanding of WiFi (especially MAC and PHY layers) and Networking (e.g., TCP/IP, ARP, DHCP, DNS) protocols to be able to debug effectively WiFi system-level issues
- Excellent analytical, programming, and debugging skills
- Ability to negotiate and specify SW/FW feature requirements with a vendor team and independently drive the vendor team for SW delivery and verification
- Excellent communication skill (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and deliver time-critical issues
- Ability to think at the System level (Debuggability, Recovery, Performance trade-off…)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with x-functional teams.
- Ability to quickly pick up new knowledge & SW skills and hit the ground running.
You will join a dynamic team responsible for developing cutting-edge WiFi features while collaborating with various multi-functional teams. You will enjoy the rare opportunity to contribute to technical advances in Apple as well as to develop your management skill.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 1. Machine learning and visualization
- 2. Scripting language such as Python
- 3. BSD stack
- 4. Familiarity with SW Version Control tools including GIT