Global Channel Marketing Lead, Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Search Ads is an easy, efficient, and fast-growing platform for app discovery. With over 65% of all app downloads resulting directly from a search on the App Store, Apple Search Ads is quickly becoming the app promotion platform of choice for iOS developers. Are you a motivated senior marketing leader with a passion for B2B marketing? We are looking for a hardworking individual to establish our global Channel Marketing team out of Austin, TX. Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing located in Cupertino, you will work in a fast-paced environment with internationally dispersed partners, and different audience segments. Are you are a team builder and great teammate with an inclusive, collaborative leadership style that creates trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale? Are you able to quickly gain the respect and support of both management, internal/external partners, and employees?
- A minimum of 10 years of B2B product marketing experience for a leading brand, advertising platform or technology
- Successful track record in supporting sales teams in their marketing needs, marketing directly to agencies, big brand performance marketers, app developers or small businesses
- Independent and self-sufficient, able to excel within autonomy and ambiguity
- Ability to influence leadership on key decisions
- Extraordinary communication skills both verbal and written
- Intelligent self starter with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, and strong executional track record
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of data into action plans
- Strong project management, organizational, and creative thinking skills, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, and consistently meet deadlines while under pressure
- Ability to remain highly composed in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Demonstrated success of leading high performance teams in a highly matrixed, global organization
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, and trust, can quickly develop relationships with a wide variety of cross functional and global colleagues
At its highest level, Channel Marketing: You will establish global lifecycle management to maximize the lifetime value of customers through programs aimed at acquiring and educating smaller developers at scale. You will select third party partners to accelerate the growth and engagement of our mutual customers. You will develop and deploy effective global campaigns and customer engagement programs to educate and grow managed customers. As the Global Leader for that function, you will: Establish a deep understanding of what differentiates Apple Search Ads as a product and service, defining its unique value in the context of the broader app advertising market across the globe, and our audiences. Develop and implement strategies and programs to best drive awareness and adoption globally, ensuring Apple Search Ads is consistently top of mind for app promotion. Consolidate these activities in global go-to-market plans for three channels: self-serve customers, managed customers, and partners. Ensure that such plans are informed by business stakeholders, international marketers, product marketing, PR, and other cross-functional teams. Balance global scale and consistency against market affinity. Own marketing requirements and performance for each of the three channels, advocating for both global and regional requests in investments and review cycles. Establish targets, track and report performance against these objectives and suggest optimizations. Be the voice of Apple Search Ads marketing in the US, connecting with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment, sell-in of initiatives and identification of new opportunities. Hire and develop a team of top channel marketers with proven, relevant expertise. Provide motivational leadership and set the team up for success by ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly communicated, the strategic vision for the function is defined and shared, processes are established, and personal development plans are implemented. Ensure that Global Channel Marketers operate as community leaders, engaged with the international marketers in joint planning, ideation, execution, and reporting.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Analytics or related field.
- Moderate travel required