Manager, Siri International Quality Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Siri is a talented, witty, multi-lingual personal assistant. Come join the team responsible for helping Siri learn new languages and be able to interact with users across the globe. We are seeking a talented and driven software engineering leader to help deliver, what just may be, the interface of the future. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
- 10+ years’ industry experience, 5 or more years engineering management experience related to complex systems
- 5+ years leading or managing quality engineering teams
- Experience managing the bring up of new technologies with a solid understanding of product development lifecycles
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies and industry trends
- Outstanding cross-functional management and leadership skills
- Skilled at developing and presenting executive level presentations
- Experience with and passion for internationalization
We are a passionate group of innovation enthusiasts dedicated to bringing Siri to the world. We are looking for a highly motivated, and technically adept, engineering manager to lead the quality engineering for the Siri international experience and languages. In this role, you will be responsible for growing and managing an international team of quality engineers to support Siri’s expansion worldwide. The environment is fast-paced, requiring the ability to build innovative test strategies and automation solutions while also improving, and leading the quality processes to scale in the organization. You should have excellent team building skills and the passion to improve existing process and tools. The right mix of technical, organizational, and communication skills is key to success. = SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE = - Manage and grow a geographically dispersed Siri International Quality Engineering team - Define and scale the international quality engineering test strategies and processes - Drive the planning and execution of the quality engineering deliverables across all languages and product lines to successful completion - Rely on reliable tools and automation to increase test coverage and resource efficiency - Build with Engineering and EPMs a data driven approach to ensure the international quality of Siri - Advocate for the Siri international user experience in all languages - Drive deep collaboration across dependent teams - Lead cross-functional quality projects and initiatives - Deliver executive communication on quality and drive the decision-making process - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive vendors to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues. = ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS = - Preferred Experience/Skills: - Experience in areas of Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language - Fluency in non-English language
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related equivalent work experience. Masters Preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.