Silicon Validation Engineer - DDR Memory Controller
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? Join our growing Silicon Validation team in San Diego. We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles. As part of our highly talented SoC bringup/validation team you will design, implement, test and support low-level software used for system initialization and testing of Apple SoCs.
- Your deep understanding of DDR technologies such as DDR3/4, lpDDR3/4, JEDEC standards will be crucial for our team.
- You are experienced with implementing DRAM/memory controller initialization code, memory subsystem/DDR PHYs training/calibration software
- You are an excellent C/C++ programmer, assembly experience is a plus
- You have a solid understanding of ARM, CPU/SoC architecture
- You're experience and interested in writing code to test IO devices and/or functional IP units
- You are familiar with: boot code, computer system initialization, device drivers, SoC bringup, IO devices, debuggers, analysis tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes)
- You have excellent communication skills and collaboration abilities
- You are familiar with high speed LPDDR IO characterization and PVT qualification
- Previous experience working with major DRAM memory vendors and validation of DRAM device is also a plus
You will be developing/porting/debugging memory controller/DRAM initialization code, memory calibration software Developing/executing test plan for pre and post silicon verification, designing and crafting targeted tests for validating specific memory controller functionality/ECOs You will be involved in silicon early bring-up, investigating system DRAM issues and discovering workarounds Developing software tools to support silicon bring-up of the memory subsystem, implementing special memory tests. Working with cross functional teams within Apple to support product development
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in EE or CS with 5+ years of experience