Battery Cell- Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Experience with battery development, design, and/or qualification
- Knowledgeable about current state-of-art production processes of lithium ion battery electrodes and coatings
- Hands-on experience with battery performance characterization techniques and reliability testing strongly desired
- Experience developing processes quality plans, supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions/failure analysis efforts
- Familiarity with GD&T practices, Metrology, DFMEA and tolerance analysis is a plus
- Project management experience and a deep understanding of problem solving tools including design of experiments, root cause analysis, and statistical tools.
- Strong communication skills and passion to learn and adapt to a dynamic environment.
Plan DOEs to resolve impacts on process capability and cell performance, summarize data findings, and implement changes to meet specification standards. Drive qualification efforts in a wide variety of areas such as metrology, electrode fabrication, and cell and pack assembly. Perform cell failure analysis to understand battery failure modes and implement preventive measures. Lead quality related functions for a program and serve as a project manager to push efforts at supplier locations. Write, assess, and audit validation tests both internally and at the vendors. Drive vendor process performance improvements through objective measurements using yield gap analysis.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Materials Engineering is required, MS degree is preferred.