Siri - Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Siri Search & Knowledge teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- 3+ years of proven experience in successfully delivering high quality software solutions\
- iOS development experience
- Strong Swift and Go development skills
- Deep understanding of architecture or API design
- Knowledge of common web services protocol (HTTPS/JSON/REST/GRPC)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to write robust and portable code.
- Ability to transition seamlessly to new technologies/frameworks.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
We design and build infrastructures to support features that empowers billions of Siri users. Our team processes trillions of links to find the best content to surface to users through search. We also analyze pages to extract critical features for indexing, ranking. We apply statistical analysis to improve link selection, freshness, retrieval rates, extraction quality, and many others. You’ll have the opportunity to work with large scale systems with trillions of rows and many petabytes of data and incredible complexity.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field