Siri - Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Siri Search & Knowledge teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri’s universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- 5+ years experience building backend services or cloud software
- Experience with highly concurrent, highly available, and highly fault-tolerant distributed services
- Experience with complex data processing pipelines
- Extensive experience with Docker, Kubernetes and service meshes
- Extensive experience with different types of data stores
- Experience with cloud platforms like GCP and/or AWS
- Excellent skills in Go and another backend relevant language
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with CI/CD
We can leverage your knowledge in the field to deliver next-generation products and services of phenomenal experience. You will work in a cross-functional team which is developing the infrastructure and services to run innovative machine learning systems in the cloud and on-device. Be passionate about complex data processing pipelines and keep up to date with best practices and new technologies. You will also work closely with the ML engineers to ensure their algorithms can be deployed in the cloud at Apple scale. You do not believe in big rewrites, but in continuous improvements.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field