Database Capacity Planning Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a passionate Database Engineer to help be responsible for the large scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever growing business and data processing needs. Individual will need to provide innovative solution in terms of Apple’s ever growing hardware and database capacity need. If you love to tackle internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you. Dynamic, encouraging people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here.
- You have a validated understanding of various Database Hardware requirements. This includes CPU, RAM, HBA, RAID and SAN.
- You have experience in hardware cp process and projections
- You posses working experience on various cloud services and cost optimizations
- You command a thorough understanding of technologies Oracle, MySQL, Postgress, Bigdata and NoSQL
- You have validated experience in various Clustering and Sharding Database architectures
- You have excellent experience in designing high throughput database platforms
- You can collaborate with app teams in analyzing complex workload patterns and suggesting hardware changes to optimize overall performance.
- Bachelors degree desired
- 5+ years of increasing responsibilities within a multi-location organization
- Maintains the highest ethical standards and integrity.
- Good interpersonal and prioritization skills and you hold a true passion for learning
- Experience in articulating technical details, risks, and opportunities to Executive Staff
- Validated skills in working with conflicting partner interests effectively
- Highly effective technical communications skills (verbal and written)
- Your working without direct supervision is key to being successful.
- You have the uncanny ability to acquire knowledge of, and suggest improvements to, business processes and procedures
- Strength in working independently and drive assigned projects from start to finish
- Capable of multi-tasking across assignments that vary in breadth, depth, complexity, and importance
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact (in person, by phone, by email) at different levels of detail with Capital Planning participants and customers
This position requires a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on complex tasks. Please have your resume highlighting the value addition by you in levels of performance, efficiency, business challenges solved, money saved etc. This role requires ability to work independently on large scale.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent