Applied Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are searching for engineers with a real passion for using machine learning to build intelligent applications. In this highly accomplished, deeply technical and close-knit team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, you will craft tools that are used by millions of people. You will have a chance to design and implement new machine learning algorithms and techniques and collaborate with innovative product development teams in the world. Our team researches new machine learning algorithms, models and techniques that will power amazingly intelligent user experiences. We are looking for new ambitious members to join our research ML group. In this role, you will design new models and algorithms, and actively engage with the academic community by publishing your work and participating in academic efforts. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to every cool project around Apple, and use your data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence skills to transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the challenging technical problems in the next generation of products that will delight millions of people.
- Deep technical skills in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, natural language processing, or artificial intelligence
- Good track record of innovation in creating novel computer vision and machine learning algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design, and model building, and experiences in building early stage products
- A passion for creating innovative techniques, making them robust and scalable, and realizing in high impact products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a member of the AI/ML team, you will design and evaluate new algorithms, models and methods that will impact Apple and the broad ML community. You will also collaborate with teams across Apple, who are building the newest, most compelling intelligent applications in the world. You will also be a trusted advisor for best practice machine learning development. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Researching, developing and implementing the most innovative machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision and NLP techniques Transferring machine learning solutions to data scientists and engineers on product teams Providing technical guidance to product teams on the choice of machine learning approaches appropriate for a task Providing architectural guidance on transitioning prototypes to high-performance production models Providing feedback on tools and new features needed back to platform development teams Contributing to talent acquisition and training to newer researchers and engineers
Education & Experience
PhD in Machine learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field with 2+ years of machine learning research experience MS in related field with 2+ years building machine learning models in industry
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.