Product Manager - Rights Management
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about solving complex business challenges with process engineering and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? Do you have experience in the entertainment industry with systems used to lead production and/or post-production? If so, this may be the job for you. As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead in the creation / implementation of a system that supports the Apple content intellectual properties, analyze and its ability maintain complex intellectual property rights and attribute data in the Rights system, respond to rights-related inquiries, and help steward the Rights system on behalf of the studio. Additionally, you will be responsible for tracking exclusivity and business rules related to all media types to insure transparency to these agreements and to prevent unintended overlap or contractual violations.
- Experience in enterprise software design, implementation, and deployment
- Experience working with Agile based development teams
- Experience with multiple solutions for Rights Management implemented in media and entertainment industry
- Supported and lead teams to discern intellectual property rights and ownership through review of production, distribution, co-finance, and other contracts and agreements.
- Develop systems / implement systems that hold complex rights-related research for client departments to clarify deal-points and rights information.
- Understand and knowledgeable of rights-related attributes in IPM (Rights Owned, Restrictions, Options, Holdbacks, Music Clearance, and Play Off/Sell Off data)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills; the ability handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Experience with rights management systems is imperative
- Experience in a product management role or equivalent highly preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Shown ability to deliver on commitments and timelines
- Proficient user of MS Office
Play a leading role in defining and leading product strategy, and overall company vision around rights management products and services Manage current rights management products including: content management systems, copy discovery, whitelisting, content claiming and take-down processes Use client feedback, industry standard methodology and data points available to craft new useful tools and optimize current products Staff and coordinate assigned Vendors/3rd Parties team of designers, developers and business managers Develop product roadmap to ensure accurate, timely and consistent delivery of products Function as an internal champion to evangelize product roadmap across the organization Be a critical subject matter expert providing input into the future design and evolution of the Apple rights systems used for rights management to insure systems keep pace with new business needs
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Essbase as a data source a plus
- Experience in on prep and SAAS solutions is a plus