Product Design Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As an Engineering Project Manager within the Product Design organization you will be responsible for managing the development and implementation process for one of our iPhone Product Design teams. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
- At least 2-4+ years of combined experience in project management and mechanical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and high esthetic quality.
- Experience interfacing with Operations, Mechanical Engineering/Design and Marketing
Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects Create and maintain project schedules Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals. Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management Possess strong presentation skills Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
Education & Experience
BS ME degree or equivalent required