Film & Series Marketing Manager, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
Apple is seeking an experienced marketing professional with a track record of building world-class campaigns to join our growing team. This role will own day-to-day responsibilities for leading the global launch campaigns for upcoming series across a diverse range of content. You will be the central cross-functional liaison for select shows among teams with a focus on handling workflow and driving integrated marketing plans that drive buzz and viewership for Apple content. You'll be a key point of contact with agencies and creatives, working closely with them to collaborate and communicate different facets of the campaign throughout the lifecycle of the show. Ideally, you've been responsible for marketing high-profile entertainment properties and are able to craft a clear and distinctive show positioning, creative strategy and informed media approach that cross-functional teams can execute and collaborate upon. You know how to tell stories, on any platform that drive fan anticipation and engagement. A natural leader, you can listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on overall strategy and goals. Your love for television, film pop culture pushes you to thrive in a quick moving environment and be an excellent teammate.
- Minimum 15+ years in consumer marketing experience, with prior direct responsibility for launching original films and series in media / entertainment.
- Extensive knowledge and experience running robust portfolio of creatively led 360-campaigns, from film/show strategy to executing the tactics, both paid and organic, and delivering results.
- Developing strategy, show/film positioning and target audiences for consumer campaigns at scale.
- Developing media strategy and analytics, e.g. media mix decisioning, budgeting and forecasting, media pricing and budget optimization, return on investment, goals / measurement.
- Developing brand partnerships and integrations with internal teams or 3rd parties, including retail extensions, experiential opportunities, push notifications, newsletters, email, and editorial placements.
- Cross-functional collaboration across PR/Communications, adjacent business teams, content producers and creators (filmmakers and show runners). Experience working directly with talent, representation and creators to partner on campaigns.
- Stellar executive written and verbal interpersonal skills. Able to present ideas simply in presentations and documents across a range of partner perspectives —from creative to business / quantitative.
- Brings a highly strategic and analytical approach to decisions and problem-solving. Excellent organizational, scheduling, project management and multi-tasking skills with solid attention to detail.
- Inventive self starter, willing to roll up sleeves and model expected performance, though eager to develop and mentor mid-career marketers in their individualized learning and professional growth.
- International experience or experience working with international teams.
- Lead pod resources and priorities, oversee scope, budget, and campaign resources necessary to launch and handle film/show projects. - Prepare creative briefs, positioning and strategy materials for films & series, socializing campaign strategy and creative with key partners including executive teams, development, current, producers/creators, filmmakers and show runners. - Establish meaningful metrics for campaigns and analyze effectiveness of media to optimize spend across channels. Partner with media team to develop brand and performance driven media plans that effectively promote content. - Work in partnership with creative team to ensure materials are aligned with the film/show positioning and Apple brand. - Oversee team pods that include individuals leading complex, cross-functional initiatives. - Anticipate resource and staffing needs, troubleshoot issues, and get necessary approvals. - Lead creative development and oversee collaborative internal and external partner execution of multi-media content assets that extend the film across paid/organic initiatives, ensuring materials are aligned to film/show positioning and brand, and that creative is consistent across all consumer touch points. - Lead cross-functional team planning across campaigns, including leading key meetings, developing campaign recaps and updates, and using project documents, such as marketing trackers, timelines, status reports, budget review, etc. to ensure execution against goals. - Create process and workflows and incorporate technology solutions to improve how we work. - Develop and motivate team of mid-career marketers to do their best work at Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent. MBA or relevant graduate work a plus.