Battery Electrical Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. In this role, you will utilize your board design skills to design, develop and test battery monitoring units and Battery management units (BMU) for next generation consumer electronic products. Responsibilities include designing electronic circuits, selecting electronic parts and integrated circuits to meet the cost and performance targets. You will work with suppliers to develop custom parts where needed and design test methodologies to verify the battery management unit design.
- Senior experience in electronic circuit design/development experience in Microcontroller-based mixed signal and digital systems. IC design experience preferred.
- Electronics modeling and simulation experience equivalent to PSPICE and Verilog
- Familiarity with embedded software development needs for real time embedded systems. Good knowledge on inter-module communications protocols like SM bus, I2C and others.
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and ambitious spirit
- Relies on data to justify technical decisions
- Ability to clearly explain technical issues
- Competent in Cadence ECAD tools like Concept and Allegro
- Background (any of the following): Portable consumer electronics, Medical Electronics, Automotive Electronics, Batteries, Power Electronics and Power Supplies -Embedded controllers
- Develops projects from feasibility to completion focusing on board level design - Conducts investigations and prepare reports for problems or issues - Works with suppliers, contractors and senior design engineers to ensure that the product is developed on time and on budget. - Develops Schematics and BOM to satisfy the design requirements. - Develops layout guidelines for PCBs and guides Layout Engineers to meet all physical and electrical requirements of BMU. - Specifies custom parts and PCBs for use in BMUs - Analyzes the design with simulation tools and calculations to verify its conformance to the requirements. - Conducts design tests on prototypes to implement the design - Conducts design reviews, incorporates team feedbacks and releases the design documents for builds - Specifies production test methods and limits.
Education & Experience
BSEE (MSEE Preferred)