Product Design Engineer - Interconnect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In the Connector Design Engineer team, we handle multiple connector designs and developments in support of the iPhone product lines. Cross-functional development and consulting will be a major part of your daily work. As a Lead Engineer you be responsible for identifying appropriate connection technology requirements for new products and follow through with selection and development of suitable interconnect products. This will often involve adaptation of existing connectors or complete new designs. Interfacing with connector suppliers to direct and implement the necessary design changes or creation of completely new designs will also be a major part of your daily work. You should have significant prior experience in Unigraphics and/or Pro-E, be extremely well organized and able to balance numerous program needs simultaneously. Your excellent communication and social skills will help you to quickly grasp issues and drive the appropriate connector developments to resolution. This role affords you the opportunity to interface significantly with other departments within Apple and external partners. We do work in a dynamic environment and which will require you to quickly find creative, dynamic solutions. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, as well as the first three generations of Apple Watch. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Electro-mechanical 3D CAD design experience using Pro Engineering (ProE) or UniGraphics(UG).
- Understanding of modeling, assemblies, components, file transfer and file exchange as it pertains to 3D CAD.
- Drafting expertise to include ANSI standards, FAI and CP/CPK
- Experience in tooling (Plastics/Metals for small electro-mechanical devices).
- Experience with off shore manufacturing, suppliers and Product Development, providing technical guidance, handling quality issues etc.
- Ability to speak Chinese is a plus.
- Experience with materials and processes - plastics, metal forming/stamping, finishes, colors, electroplating, etc.
- Ability to tackle issues on the fly (quality, etc.)
- Experience with Flexible Printed Circuits and ZIF Connectors
- Being able to Multi-task many projects and keep communications up to date on all.
- Ability to run cross-functional meetings and lead the group to the desired result.
- Posses the initiative to push forward without daily direction.
- Knowledge of testing standards and reliability.
- Overseas travel will be required.
- Familiar with data transfer specifications/connectors for Audio, Video, and Data.
You will be working with many internal teams and contract partners, leading package integration and architecture efforts You will demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. • Work with 3rd party and OSAT to bring packaging solution from concept to HVM • Drive industry with advanced package solutions and specs
Education & Experience
BS degree with an emphasis in Electrical/Mechanical/Material Science Engineering, together with at least 2 years of related industry experience, in the Engineering design/manufacturing field.