Business Data Science Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Science Manager to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, content, business, and marketing partners. We encourage independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books and Apple Podcasts amongst other services.
- 2+ years of experience managing a Data Science team, preferably for a digital media or subscription business.
- Demonstrable knowledge of data pipeline design covering database technologies, ETL, aggregation, code management, query performance optimization, peer review, and productionalization.
- You have strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Proven ability to work with executive level partners, peers and individual contributors across a range of functions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strategic mindset with an aptitude to condense complex concepts, analysis and models into actionable growth data products and strategies that will drive Apple’s digital media businesses.
Lead AMP Business Data Science by delivering actionable analysis, models and data products. Oversee, recruit and develop a diverse team of high-performing data scientists focused on diving deep into large-scale data. You will craft how best to monitor, measure and understand the growth of Apple’s media businesses. You will undertake deep analysis to explain business drivers and provide insights that will propel strategy. Generate regular presentations for C-level as well as reports key business owners. Own and deliver against a prioritized multi-year roadmap for datasets and dashboards that will scale insights and actions. Build customer segments and propensity models to help size opportunities and understand the impact of growth initiatives. Increase internal adoption of advanced analytics methods including machine learning. You will work cross-functionally to deliver key strategic programs and partnerships that are aligned with business priorities.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.