Front End Application Systems Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. We are looking for a top notch Senior Developer for our front end platform that delivers and supports workflow tools. You will bring a solid understanding and genuine passion for software development, best practices, and keen focus on the customer. This role is critical in the evolution of Apple’s brand by working with the team taking apple.com to the next phase of its evolution.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional software development experience with back and front end development teams working on complex web application projects
- Strong knowledge and experience designing and developing scalable front-ends using Vue, Node.JS, and Restful APIs
- Experience in creating backend API services in NodeJS (expressJS) and ability to mimic remote APIs locally and/or proxy requests to remote services
- Advanced front-end development experience with the ability to create simple project environments (preview, build, deployment, version control, etc) for on-ramping developers, conducting code reviews and establishing standards
- Demonstrated background developing innovative solutions for dynamic web sites (how they scale, how they work with other services, and how they may break)
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately
- A focus on quality, with experience writing unit tests and collaborating with quality engineering to develop test plans
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Experience with web application security and incorporating security into the software development lifecycle
- Solid working knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git)
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability
- Ability to effectively communicate needs/blockers/concerns & work collaboratively with other teams
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
- Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- Capable documentation skills for technical stack to assist in creating roadmaps and managing tech debt.
- Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
In addition to a strong technical background, you will possess confident interpersonal skills and an eye toward collaboration. The position requires effective communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge. It’s important for this person to be able to establish trusting relationships within a diverse team and across different departments. This role must focus on delivering while having the agility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience