Visual Designer - Health Special Projects
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Health Special Projects is a diverse team focus on bringing health data to life. Our team is looking for a Designer with a passion for simplifying complex problems and making it look great along the way.You are a forward-thinking problem solver, quick study, self starter, have the ability to create simple visualizations for complex data sets, and you are an excellent communicator with a keen eye for great design and the ability to achieve it. You possess that rare blend of interaction design, visual design, and rapid-prototyping skills.
- An excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop and touch devices.
- 4+ years work experience crafting extraordinary user interface design in web, mobile-web, and iOS app experiences.
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches and wireframes.
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a visual and UI designer with familiarity of iOS development.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A passion for Apple, its products, and its customers is a requirement.
From brainstorming through implementation, this team member will work in collaboration with engineers, data scientists and other health experts to create simple and seamless experiences by distilling product requirements and user goals into sketches, wireframes and experimental prototypes. You will help shepherd ideas from conception to release, advocating for clean and understandable solutions along the whole journey. You are an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals. This person should be patient, understanding, ego-free and eager to give and receive constructive feedback. The ability to create consumer friendly data visualizations for complex data is a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar preferred