Sr. CAD Engineer – Timing for Gate-Level Flows & Methodologies
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of timing including working with designers for timing changes, helping construct/modify flows, timing analysis and timing closure.
- We typically require 8+ years of hands on experience in static timing analysis flows as well as:
- Deep knowledge of STA of large high-performance SoC or Processor designs in deep sub-micron technologies
- Proficiency in analysis, tools, and methodologies for timing closure
- Deep understanding of noise, cross-talk, OCV effects, margins, and constraints
- Programming experience in Perl, Python, Tcl, C++ or other languages
- Strong communicator who can accurately assess, describe issues to management and follow solutions through to completion
- Familiar with timing and power ECO techniques and implementation is a positive
- Familiar with circuit modeling, including SPICE models and worst-case corner selection is a positive
In this highly visible role, you will: - Collaborate with design teams to understand and debug issues related to constraints, flow scripts, and timing closure - Facilitate and drive STA methodology changes to improve overall STA flows - Create/maintain scripts and methods for timing analysis and power reduction - Deep analysis of timing paths to identify key issues - Implement infrastructure to facilitate data mining and visualization - Help build timing and power ECO custom scripts for project tapeout - Partner with Physical Design team, highlighting issues and standard methodologies - Document and help with guidelines/specs.
Education & Experience
BS, MS/PhD* preferred, degree in technical field (*if fewer years of experience).