Senior Writer, Supplier Responsibility
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Supplier Responsibility team’s mission is to protect the people in Apple’s supply chain and the planet we all share. Communication and storytelling are critical in supporting our mission as we build and maintain relationships within Apple, with our suppliers, and with industry experts and partners. We are seeking a seasoned cross-functional writer to guide and support content creation across the Supplier Responsibility organization. This work covers a wide variety of content including the development of our annual progress report, case studies that tell the story of the human and environmental impact of our programs, internal communications and training programs for Apple employees and suppliers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing editorial voice and consistency across a portfolio of work that includes communications, branding and training deliverables
- Ability to craft messages based on the same material for multiple audiences, adjusting density and positioning appropriately
- Confidence in working with deeply technical source material, maintaining high levels of detail when necessary, but also able to translate the content for a non-technical audience
- Comfort operating and collaborating at all levels of the organization, including working directly with senior leadership
- Laser-like focus on detail
- Proficient in Pages and Keynote, familiarity with content management systems and graphic design layout process and principles a positive
As a master of your craft, you will lead the development and management of the editorial voice across all of the organization’s communications and training deliverables. This includes the creation of writing standards, educating members of the team on those standards, and leading the development of major deliverables from requirement gathering through publication. Your work will serve many audiences, from Apple employees, to supplier employees, external stakeholders and members of the media. Success will depend on being able to internalize and communicate deeply technical content, while at the same time understanding the impact the material has on the protection of people and the planet, and then telling that story too.
Education & Experience
5+ years of relevant experience BA/BS degree in communication, journalism, marketing, technical writing, or related field is preferred.
- A portfolio of writing samples will be required.
- The role will require some travel, both domestic and international.