Software Development Engineer in Test
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Storage Systems team within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for a hardworking and inspired Quality Engineer to work on the Storage Systems Quality Team. The team is responsible for validation and support of storage system drivers and file systems on both iOS and macOS. This position’s primary focus will be supporting Storage Drivers but include work on the potentially both local and network file systems. Eventual understanding and contribution to some of our teams other deliverables will part of the role. You will work hands-on with a team of quality and development engineers on the validation of new features, protocols, and hardware, as well as provide world-class support for existing deployments.
- - A solid understanding of modern storage drivers and potential issues.
- - Excellent understanding and ability in a scripting language such as Python, Bash, Ruby, LUA, Perl.
- - Should be able to use scripting ability to create new automation tests as needed.
- - QA experience and strong understanding of testing methodologies preferred.
- - Ability to write Test case and Test Plans from Engineering documentation.
- - Able to support Engineering team with triage, debugging and validation of software issues.
- - Comfortable in working with multi-functional teams to drive efficient bug resolution.
- - Ability to work independently and be dedicated in task completions.
- - Highly professional with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- - Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- - Excellent organizational skills.
- - Must be detail oriented.
You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on storage and file systems. We work hand in hand with the Software Development Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. You will complete both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products They will also be responsible for adding to automation and test documentation as new features are implemented.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience setting up and testing Network Shares. Exposure to HFS+, APFS, or Network File System internals. Familiarity with C or objective-C. Familiarity with Source Control Management with svn or git