In-Region Engineering Project Manager - Audio products
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- * 5+ years in consumer products and/or other product development
- * 2+ years of project management experience
- * Strong technical background, audio products experience would be a bonus
- * Strong track record of shipping products and managing them through the entire product life cycle
- * Experience working with off shore manufacturers and travel to manufacturing sites
- * Strong organizational and management skills
- * Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some international travel (to Cupertino) is required, approximately 10%. Extensive travel within China.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The EPM will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus safety, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside Apple You would able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big picture issues. EPMs must be fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled hardware, software, mechanical design and industrial design teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. Success is defined in terms of the quality and timeliness of the pre-production builds and the start of mass production. EPMs need to have a strong understanding of development and manufacturing processes - from part design to circuit board manufacturing to production line bring-up. * Managing project schedules * Maintaining communication within product development team. * Cross-functional organization, communication, and management * Run build daily meetings and documenting action items and progress * Identify, track critical build issue and mitigations * Travel to support engineering builds, including managing pre- and post- build activities, and ensuring daily status communications get sent back to the Cupertino team * Work with and coach suppliers on Apple project management expectations and requirements * Reporting and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.