Data Science Senior Manager, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a senior manager of Data Science to lead applied research, research engineering, and analytics efforts within the Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics Engineering group. AMP is responsible for services including App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Podcasts, and Book Store. Our services reach hundreds of millions of customers around the globe, and have revolutionized how we interact with digital media.
- 10+ years of experience in data science, machine learning, and AI applied research
- 5+ years management experience
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistical models (e.g., logistic regression, time series analysis and forecasting, SVM, random forests, boosted trees, CNNs/RNNs, etc.)
- Experience with big data computing and machine learning techniques (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, Tensorflow, Scikit-learn in Python, etc.)
- A track record of initiating and managing cross-functional and cross-organizational projects, building relationships with stakeholders, and influencing decision makers
The Analytics Engineering team is responsible for providing data and reporting solutions to both internal and external data consumers. As the manager of Data Science you will manage several teams and oversee the applied research, research engineering, and analytics that enable these data and reporting solutions. We are looking for an experienced leader with a track record of developing people, programs, and teams. You have a strong technical background and are capable of leading both research and engineering initiatives. You are also a team player, able to collaborate and establish partnerships across the company.
Education & Experience
An advanced degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, statistics, engineering, or mathematics. Ph.D. preferred