Software Engineering Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? Are you passionate about applying your data and software engineering skills in a real-world tech environment? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Strategic Data Solutions (SDS) team is responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our customers and internal partners. SDS Data Science Engineering is building an environment to enable ground breaking data analysis over Petabytes of data. We work side-by-side with data scientists and implement scalable, easy-to-use systems and tools. We are seeking a passionate, driven and seasoned Engineering Manager to help lead and grow our software engineering team.
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- 8 years minimum of industry experience, both as individual contributor and engineering manager
- 2 years minimum experience recruiting and leading a team of engineers
- Mastery of one of C++, Python, Java or equivalent language
- Solid understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time
- Experience in building data science or data analysis tools a plus
- Machine learning background a plus
- Experience in new technologies, e.g., NoSQL, Cassandra and Hadoop a plus
You will lead a team of software engineers who build tools and solutions to support the fraud prevention efforts of Analytic Insight. The job will include: Implement innovative software solutions to open-ended problems Design proof-of-concept tests for new technologies Manage technical project work, timelines and communicate risks Put in place appropriate software development processes Communicate cross functionally Recruit and hire talented software engineers The candidate is expected to be hands-on, self-motivated, pro-active and solution-oriented individual.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field plus 7-10 years experience, or equivalent.
- •Experience in building data science or data analysis tools a plus.
- •Machine learning background a plus.
- •Familiarity with Agile software development process, Test-Driven development and Continuous Integration a plus.