Module Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The panel process and optics (PPO) team design, and develop the cutting edge display technologies to support Apple’s phenomenal products. This includes a total optimization & integration of display material, optics, and process to deliver superior performance. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. As part of Apple design and development team you will be working with some of the smartest and most talented people in the field, and will be contributing to exciting new products that will touch lives of millions and enrich your career with invaluable experience. We are looking for a Module Integration Engineer with a proven track record of technology development, module integration, and program execution experience. A successful candidate will work with cross-functional teams and external vendors to develop new optical modules for our next-generation displays.
- 3+ years of experience leading module and/or process integration efforts in displays or optical modules/components
- In-depth understanding of interdependence of various aspects of hardware development including materials, process, and performance
- Experience with various opto-mechanical property characterization techniques. Image analysis experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable to articulate the thought process clearly and concisely
- Willingness and ability to travel
Work with cross-functional teams to drive specifications and architect solutions to new optical modules Strongly involved in all aspects of development including materials, process, optical design, and metrology efforts Design and execute plans to bring up, debug, and validate new designs, specifications, and processes Work with early stage prototypes as well as taking designs through product cycles and eventually production Design, build, and validate various opto-mechanical metrology tools to enable characterization of new components
Education & Experience
M.S. degree or Ph.D. in Physics, Optics, or Material Science & Engineering