Health Software QA Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Health Software QA team is seeking an Automation Engineer to help ensure that our Health-related applications are high quality and user-focused. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in qualifying iOS and watchOS applications and the frameworks that support them. As a member of our fast-paced group in Apple Health, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape and improve the software that allows our products to delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented programming and how to build and use frameworks
- Passion for quality and desire to push forward Apple product quality through deeply technical UI and low-level automation
- Creative and critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills to investigate and debug difficult issues
- Experience with device automation, including developing, triaging, and maintaining tests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong programming fundamentals and prior experience in programming or automation to handle responsibilities that span all phases of development. You will be responsible for writing new automated tests for a number of Health-related software features, and building out the infrastructure necessary to run that automation. Attention to detail and the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced and growing environment are essential skillsets.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Software literacy with Apple's watchOS, iOS, and macOS
- Strong programming fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Familiarity with version control systems such as git
- Experience writing and working with APIs