Music Metadata Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Media Products (AMP) supports the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, iTunes Store, and TV app lines of business. In AMP, we ensure the best user experience through world-class apps, editorial, and storefronts. AMP Metadata Music team is responsible for managing, aggregating, correcting, and connecting metadata to ensure that Apple Music experience matches that of Apple’s world-class customer experience. AMP Metadata Music team is looking for a Music Metadata Program Manager. As a part of music metadata team, you will be responsible for building scalable processes and partnering with different teams to ensure that we meet our deadlines and deliver the best experience on Apple Music. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- At least 8 years of experience working with music, content metadata, and content management
- Hands-on attitude and able to work cross-functionally within a global organization
- Results-driven with extraordinary attention to detail, remarkable follow-through, and an ability to focus on customer experience
- Project management experience including working cross-functionally and leading requirements gathering processes and status review meetings
- A deep understanding of complex content management systems and how metadata affects the user experience
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands in the data
- Ability to draw meaningful insights from datasets and translate into high-level strategy and actionable tasks
- Extraordinary attention to detail, sharp observation skills and the ability to see how the details fit into the big picture
- Experience partnering with external vendors and suppliers on data integration projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity, adaptable to rapidly changing requirements, decisive and willing to own the hard calls
- Ability to facilitate productive discussions, build consensus within the team and with cross-functional stakeholders
- Ability to effectively interact and influence across all levels of the organization
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of Tableau and Splunk will be a plus.
In this role, you will lead the plan dependencies, and outcome of projects, reporting on progress while looking ahead to identify upcoming issues and work around them before they impact the project. This position requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, resourcefulness, and ingenuity in solving problems. Run several concurrent projects focused on metadata curation and data validation Handle complex projects to major milestones. You will ensure that the execution of the project outpaces deadlines Effectively and consistently communicate project goals and provide relevant project updates to all stakeholders Acquire a deep understanding of our data pipeline, from ingestion, integration to consumption, as well as our data management tools. Conduct assessments on our catalog to identify coverage and quality challenges; develop data-driven solutions to address these challenges at a large scale. Identify, evaluate, and procure potential internal and external solutions to improve our catalog health. Work closely with Engineering teams to implement new tooling and enhancements. Recognize and act on opportunities for automation. Gather and define feature requirements, propose solutions, obtain buy-ins, negotiate timelines, and track implementation progress. Build collaborative relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders. Identify and tackle opportunities to enrich and drive metadata quality across various content types and platforms while considering long term impact. You should feel a personal stake in the product, build strong relationships, and work for the success of the entire team. We love music—it's an emotional experience, and for many of us, an obsession. When someone hears the right music at just the right moment, it’s transformational, and that’s precisely why we do what we do.
Education & Experience
Prefer: Bachelor's Degree plus at least 8 years of experience working with music, content metadata, and content management