Sr Audio Driver Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apples products and platforms enrich the lives of millions of people and have changed the way we do business on a planetary scale. Apples success depends on the innovations of its incredibly talented engineering and design group. Do you want be part of innovations that change the world? If so then we want to talk with you. Apple’s IMG Audio group is seeking an expert Driver engineer responsible for the development of audio related drivers and applications for the Macintosh and iOS hardware platform. You will work hand-in-hand with the Audio Design & Engineering Team, innovating in small groups with high initiative. We're looking for a strong background in driver development, kernel level programing, device drivers, bus protocols, and kernel level debugging.
- Experience with low level driver development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of real time scheduling and multi-threaded programming.
- 3+ years programming experience with C, C++
- Experience in the audio industry writing drivers or audio hardware engineering
- Experience with drivers, IOKit, Mac OS and iOS
- Creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with audio and other transport protocols
Candidate will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of audio driver design and software development. As an Audio Driver engineer, you will be responsible for the development of the audio drivers for new hardware, maintain existing audio drivers and processes. Responsibilities include: Design and implement audio drivers and audio software tools Kernel level audio development and debugging Audio protocol development and design Debug prototype software and hardware Participate in medium and large scale software engineering processes Create and maintain engineering documents
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience