Associate Creative Director, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Ad Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Apple Search Ads on the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Associate Creative Director (ACD) for our group will lead the creative efforts for the Ad Platforms organization. This position will manage the creation of innovative and compelling design solutions that can scale across all of our channels as well as maintain consistency across all deliverables and campaigns. Excelling in this position will require a deep understanding of the Apple brand, B2B marketing, and effective customer communications. In this role, you will manage a small studio team of designers, writers, and production designers—validating and directing their work as well as taking responsibility for their career development. You will oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of the studio and work with a Producer to develop creative solutions on time, in response to creative briefs. You will work collaboratively with other team leads to ensure the team is delivering great work. This is a hands-on management role.
- At least three years of experience in a senior design management role.
- Experience in marketing communications, sales promotion, advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, and interactive media communication.
- Demonstrated expertise developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns and across a broad range of media, including advertising, print, web, email, and sales support.
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing multiple simultaneous projects, providing clear communication and
- Creative direction, and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- Produce all work cost effectively and on schedule.
- Stellar conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent design skills accompanied by the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- More than proficient in design software, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Manages the creative team, and evaluates and leads the work of agencies and vendors. Develops well-conceived, innovative creative work that implements the strategy. Communicates effectively with marketing managers, the creative team, and project management. Reviews creative work internally and with business partners to get feedback on direction and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities within Apple. Concepts and designs high-quality creative work in a variety of media. Provides guidance to regional marketing teams to adapt creative for markets outside the United States. Develops design systems and guidelines. Develops more efficient workflows and processes, especially in the area of transition between creative and production. Communicates effectively and prioritizes requests from different functional groups and executives.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field is required