Software Delivery Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Software Delivery team is looking for a Software Engineer to build services and solve distributed computing problems in support of the development of Apple's operating systems. In the position you will have the opportunity to join a development team that fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. Responsibilities will include: Understanding Apple's operating system development workflow and developing new applications to allow them to scale on cloud technologies. Adapting existing software services in novel ways to support new operating system features. Developing meta data services and web APIs.
- Passion for continually learning and exploring new technologies.
- Understanding of distributed system fundamentals like consistency and availability.
- Familiar with application and service monitoring tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and virtualization technologies.
- Development experience with Python, Scala or Swift.
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication.
This job will provide you with: A team of highly skilled coworkers ready to both mentor and learn from you. Unique distributed computing problems with an open mind on how they can be solved. The opportunity to collaborate with talented engineering teams across a wide range of technology disciplines. The freedom to take ownership and create great software.
Education & Experience
We don’t require formal qualifications since mindset and demonstrated ability are more important
- These are not hard requirements but this position might be of interest if you have experience with or a desire to learn about:
- Cloud orchestration technologies such as Mesos or Kubernetes.
- Distributed compute systems like MapReduce, Spark, and Beam.
- Message buses such as Kafka or Rabbit MQ.
- BLOB storage technologies.