Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could achieve at Apple as a Modeling and Simulation Engineer helping new product development. You will be developing models and analysis tools to evaluate proposed designs, quantify performance, and characterize user experience for millions of Apple customers around the world. Your core focus is developing models and the expansion of tools for large scale computing analysis and software-in-the-loop simulation. Following the development of analysis tools, you will perform analysis to evaluate and optimize proposed designs, both for different architectures and wireless network protocols. Your track record shows successful development of simulations and analysis tools from first principles. Ideally, you have experience in large scale computing. You are naturally curious and have an analytical mind that can see both the big picture, then drill down into the details to create a story.
- If you have 3+ years of experience with mathematical modeling, simulation, and optimization you will get going quickly on our team.
- We value experience with large scale computing and building software-in-the-loop simulations.
- Do you have a strong understanding of physics and dynamical systems theory?
- You have excellent geometry, spatial reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with data analysis and data mining methodologies.
- Are you able to show strength with C, C++, and Python? Also, in MATLAB or equivalent scripting language?
- NS-3 or similar event-based simulators are a huge plus if you bring those tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- You will have the opportunity to develop geo-temporal models for capacity analysis and trade studies of different architectures. - You will build software-in-the-loop simulations, connecting NS-3 simulation with network protocol software and design code for large scale computing. - The cool part of this role is you get to build models using both publicly available and propriety data.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related discipline.